Transportation stocks declined 0.2% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.5%, the Nasdaq was down 0.3% and the S&P 500 fell 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Swift Transportation Company (SWFT): SWFT stock is up 1.0% today.
- Heartland Express (HTLD): HTLD stock is up 0.8% today.
- Golar Lng Partners LP (GMLP): GMLP stock is up 0.8% today.
- Old Dominion Freight Line (ODFL): ODFL stock is up 0.6% today.
- Landstar System (LSTR): LSTR stock is up 0.3% today.
- Expeditors International of Washington (EXPD): EXPD stock is up 0.3% today.
- Air Methods Corp (AIRM): AIRM stock is up 0.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Con-Way Inc (CNW): CNW stock is up 0.3% today.
- Seacor Smit Inc (CKH): CKH stock is up 0.3% today.
- Hornbeck Offshore Services (HOS): HOS stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A. (GOL): GOL stock is down 2.3% today.
- Amerco (UHAL): UHAL stock is down 1.7% today.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Pacifico (PAC): PAC stock is down 1.6% today.
- Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL): DAL stock is down 1.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Greenbrier Companies (GBX): GBX stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Kansas City Southern (KSU): KSU stock is down 0.9% today.
- United Parcel Service (UPS): UPS stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services (JBHT): JBHT stock is down 0.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Alaska Air Group (ALK): ALK stock is down 0.4% today and down 55.9% in the last month.
- Spirit Airlines Inc (SAVE): SAVE stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.