Transportation stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.5%, the Nasdaq increased 0.5% and the S&P 500 was up 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Uti Worldwide Inc (UTIW): UTIW stock is up 2.0% today.
- Canadian Pacific Railway (CP): CP stock is up 1.8% today.
- CSX Corp (CSX): CSX stock is up 1.5% today.
- Canadian National Railway Company (CNI): CNI stock is up 1.4% today.
- Kansas City Southern (KSU): KSU stock is up 1.3% today.
- GATX Corp (GMT): GMT stock is up 1.3% today.
- Alaska Air Group (ALK): ALK stock is up 1.2% today.
- Union Pacific Corp (UNP): UNP stock is up 1.2% today.
- Genesee & Wyoming (GWR): GWR stock is up 1.1% today.
- Expeditors International of Washington (EXPD): EXPD stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Centro (OMAB): OMAB stock is down 1.9% today.
- Jetblue Airways Corp (JBLU): JBLU stock is down 0.7% today.
- Swift Transportation Company (SWFT): SWFT stock is down 0.6% today.
- Macquarie Infrastructure Company Trust (MIC): MIC stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.