Utilities stocks rose 0.7% on Wall Street so far on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq remained flat and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 4.7% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is up 1.7% today.
- Sempra Energy (SRE): SRE stock is up 1.1% today.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is up 1.1% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 1.1% today.
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is up 0.9% today.
- Oge Energy Corp (OGE): OGE stock is up 1.0% today.
- American Water Works (AWK): AWK stock is up 0.9% today.
- Aqua America (WTR): WTR stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Trident Performance Group (TCP): TCP stock is down 0.6% today.
- Kinder Morgan Energy Partners L.P. (KMP): KMP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP): BIP stock is down 0.6% today.
- El Paso Pipeline Partners LP (EPB): EPB stock is down 0.6%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is down 0.6% today.
- Mge Energy Inc (MGEE): MGEE stock is down 0.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 0.4% today.
- Atlas Energy Llc (ATLS): ATLS stock is down 0.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Dominion Resources (D): D stock is down 0.2% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.