Basic materials stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Monday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.5% higher, the Nasdaq rose 0.4% and the S&P 500 increased 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- AK Steel Holding Corp (AKS): AKS stock is up 3.6% today.
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is up 3.7% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is up 2.2% today.
- Nucor Corp (NUE): NUE stock is up 1.8% today.
- Kronos Worldwide Inc (KRO): KRO stock is up 1.7% today.
- RBC Bearings Inc (ROLL): ROLL stock is up 1.2% today.
- Newmarket Corp (NEU): NEU stock is up 1.5% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is up 1.4% today.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is up 1.4% today.
- Albemarle Corp (ALB): ALB stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is down 2.3% today.
- Iamgold Corp (IAG): IAG stock is down 2.0% today.
- Aurico Gold Inc (AUQ): AUQ stock is down 1.3% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is down 1.6% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is down 1.1% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is down 1.1% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 1.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is down 0.8% today.
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is down 0.8%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.