Basic materials stocks rose 0.1% on Wall Street so far on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq was steady and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 6.9% today.
- Berry Plastics Group Inc (BERY): BERY stock is up 4.2% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 2.7% today.
- Iamgold Corp (IAG): IAG stock is up 3.0% today.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is up 2.7% today.
- First Majestic Silver (AG): AG stock is up 2.0% today.
- Wd-40 Company (WDFC): WDFC stock is up 2.3% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is up 2.2% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 1.8% today.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Circor International (CIR): CIR stock is down 10.6% today.
- Ashland Inc (ASH): ASH stock is down 4.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is down 4.1% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is down 4.5% today.
- Enpro Industries (NPO): NPO stock is down 2.5% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is down 2.0% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 1.5% today.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is down 1.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Chemtura Corp (CHMT): CHMT stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.