Basic materials stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.3%, the Nasdaq declined 0.3% and the S&P 500 was down 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 3.3% today.
- Aurico Gold Inc (AUQ): AUQ stock is up 1.6% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 1.7% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 1.6% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is up 1.6% today.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is up 1.4% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is up 1.4% today.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is up 1.2% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is down 5.4% today.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is down 3.4% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is down 3.5% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 3.4% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 3.0% today.
- AK Steel Holding Corp (AKS): AKS stock is down 2.5% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 2.3% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is down 2.3% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 2.2% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is down 2.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.