Basic materials stocks remained flat on Wednesday morning on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq was down 0.1% and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 2.0% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is up 1.7% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is up 1.3% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is up 1.4% today.
- First Majestic Silver (AG): AG stock is up 0.9% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is up 1.0% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 0.8% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 0.6% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 0.8% today.
- Bhp Billiton Limited (BHP): BHP stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is down 2.0% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 1.9% today.
- Matthews International Corp (MATW): MATW stock is down 1.9% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is down 1.7% today.
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is down 1.7% today.
- AK Steel Holding Corp (AKS): AKS stock is down 1.5% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is down 1.6% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 1.2% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is down 1.2% today.
- Crane Company (CR): CR stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.