Basic materials stocks remained flat on Thursday morning on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.2%, the Nasdaq increased 0.1% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Iamgold Corp (IAG): IAG stock is up 3.6% today.
- Aurico Gold Inc (AUQ): AUQ stock is up 2.5% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is up 1.9% today.
- FMC Corp (FMC): FMC stock is up 1.6% today.
- Precision Castparts Corp (PCP): PCP stock is up 1.6% today.
- International Paper Company (IP): IP stock is up 1.4% today.
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is up 1.6% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 1.4% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is up 1.4% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 3.1% today.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is down 2.2% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is down 2.0% today.
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is down 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is down 1.7% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 1.4% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is down 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- First Majestic Silver (AG): AG stock is down 1.2% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is down 1.1% today.
- Compass Minerals Intl Inc (CMP): CMP stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.