Basic materials stocks fell on Wall Street on Thursday morning, down 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.2%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.3% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is up 6.4% today.
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is up 4.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International (SWM): SWM stock is up 4.2% today.
- Kronos Worldwide Inc (KRO): KRO stock is up 4.4% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF.B): GEF.B stock is up 2.3% today.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is up 1.9% today.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is up 1.4% today.
- AK Steel Holding Corp (AKS): AKS stock is up 1.2% today.
- Sun Hydraulics Corp (SNHY): SNHY stock is up 1.2% today.
- Parker-Hannifin Corp (PH): PH stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Polypore International Inc (PPO): PPO stock is down 4.2% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 3.6% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is down 4.6% today.
- RBC Bearings Inc (ROLL): ROLL stock is down 2.6% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 2.4% today.
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is down 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is down 1.9% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is down 1.9% today.
- Aurico Gold Inc (AUQ): AUQ stock is down 1.4% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is down 1.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.