Capital goods stocks rose 0.2% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.2%, the Nasdaq rose 0.2% and the S&P 500 was up 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Kennametal Inc (KMT): KMT stock is up 4.1% today.
- Louisiana-Pacific Corp (LPX): LPX stock is up 3.5% today.
- Ryland Group (RYL): RYL stock is up 3.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Trinity Industries (TRN): TRN stock is up 3.1% today.
- Meritage Corp (MTH): MTH stock is up 2.6% today.
- USG Corp (USG): USG stock is up 2.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- D.R. Horton (DHI): DHI stock is up 2.6% today.
- Lennar Corp (LEN): LEN stock is up 2.9% today.
- KB Home (KBH): KBH stock is up 2.6% today.
- Pultegroup (PHM): PHM stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- CRH Plc (CRH): CRH stock is down 1.0% today.
- Tenaris S.A. (TS): TS stock is down 1.0% today.
- James Hardie Industries Se (JHX): JHX stock is down 0.9% today.
- Dresser-Rand Group Inc (DRC): DRC stock is down 0.7% today.
- Ingersoll-Rand Plc (Ireland) (IR): IR stock is down 0.6% today.
- Cubic Corp (CUB): CUB stock is down 0.6% today.
- Colfax Corp (CFX): CFX stock is down 0.5% today.
- Simon Property Group (SPG): SPG stock is down 0.5% today.
- United Technologies Corp (UTX): UTX stock is down 0.3% today.
- Forest City Ent Cl A (FCE.A): FCE.A stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.