Consumer noncyclical stocks finished up 0.8% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.3%, the Nasdaq declined 0.4% and the S&P 500 was down 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Adecoagro S.A. (AGRO): AGRO stock is up 1.7% today.
- The Andersons (ANDE): ANDE stock is up 1.6% today.
- Vina Concha Y Toro (VCO): VCO stock is up 1.5% today.
- Treehouse Foods (THS): THS stock is up 1.1% today.
- The Whitewave Foods Company (WWAV): WWAV stock is up 1.2% today.
- Hershey Foods Corp (HSY): HSY stock is up 1.1% today.
- Ingredion Inc (INGR): INGR stock is up 1.1% today.
- Kimberly-Clark Corp (KMB): KMB stock is up 1.0% today.
- Conagra Foods (CAG): CAG stock is up 0.9% today.
- Brown Forman Inc A (BF.A): BF.A stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Hormel Foods Corp (HRL): HRL stock is down 0.5% today.
- Tyson Foods (TSN): TSN stock is down 0.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE): CCE stock is down 0.3%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Seaboard Corp (SEB): SEB stock is down 0.2% today.
- Vector Group Ltd (VGR): VGR stock is down 0.3% today.
- Revlon Inc (REV): REV stock is down 0.2% today.
- Altria Group (MO): MO stock is down 0.2% today.
- Reynolds American Inc (RAI): RAI stock is down 0.2% today.
- Philip Morris International Inc (PM): PM stock is down 0.1% today.
- Lorillard Inc (LO): LO stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.