Consumer noncyclical stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.0%, the Nasdaq was down 0.8% and the S&P 500 declined 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Avon Products (AVP): AVP stock is up 0.7%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Church & Dwight Company (CHD): CHD stock is up 0.6% today.
- Fresh Del Monte Produce (FDP): FDP stock is up 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Boston Beer Company (SAM): SAM stock is up 0.1% today.
- Brown Forman Inc A (BF.A): BF.A stock is up 0.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Tyson Foods (TSN): TSN stock is down 1.3% today.
- Flowers Foods (FLO): FLO stock is down 1.2% today.
- Kellogg Company (K): K stock is down 1.1% today.
- Ecolab Inc (ECL): ECL stock is down 1.0% today.
- Molson Coors Brewing Company (TAP): TAP stock is down 1.0% today.
- Hershey Foods Corp (HSY): HSY stock is down 1.0% today.
- Campbell Soup Company (CPB): CPB stock is down 1.0% today.
- Newell Rubbermaid Inc (NWL): NWL stock is down 1.0% today.
- Starbucks Corp (SBUX): SBUX stock is down 1.0% today.
- Keurig Green Mountain Inc. (GMCR): GMCR stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.