Energy stocks finished down on Wall Street on Friday, down 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.2%, the Nasdaq increased 0.2% and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Penn Virginia Corp (PVA): PVA stock is up 6.5% today.
- Basic Energy Services (BAS): BAS stock is up 1.6% today.
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is up 1.4% today.
- Flotek Industries (FTK): FTK stock is up 1.1% today.
- Kodiak Oil (KOG): KOG stock is up 0.7% today.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is up 0.6% today.
- Ferrellgas Partners L.P. (FGP): FGP stock is up 0.5%, marking the 13th consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cvr Energy Inc (CVI): CVI stock is up 0.5% today.
- Energen Corp (EGN): EGN stock is up 0.5% today.
- Amerigas Partners L.P. (APU): APU stock is up 0.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Penn West Petroleum Ltd (PWE): PWE stock is down 2.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Legacy Reserves LP (LGCY): LGCY stock is down 2.6% today.
- Pacific Drilling S.A. (PACD): PACD stock is down 2.0% today.
- Rosetta Resources Inc (ROSE): ROSE stock is down 1.8% today.
- Seadrill Limited (SDRL): SDRL stock is down 1.8% today.
- Diamond Offshore Drilling (DO): DO stock is down 1.8% today.
- Bill Barrett Corp (BBG): BBG stock is down 1.7% today.
- Nabors Industries (NBR): NBR stock is down 1.7% today.
- Advantage Oil & Gas Ltd (AAV): AAV stock is down 1.7% today.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is down 1.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.