Financial stocks finished down on Wall Street today, down 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.3%, the Nasdaq declined 0.4% and the S&P 500 fell 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- CBOE Holdings (CBOE): CBOE stock is up 2.6% today.
- Janus Capital Group Inc (JNS): JNS stock is up 2.2% today.
- Hercules Technology Growth Capital (HTGC): HTGC stock is up 1.9% today.
- Cna Financial Corp (CNA): CNA stock is up 1.8% today.
- Health Net Inc (HNT): HNT stock is up 1.8% today.
- Woori Finance Holdings Co Ltd (WF): WF stock is up 1.7% today.
- Main Street Capital Corp (MAIN): MAIN stock is up 1.6% today.
- Aetna Inc (AET): AET stock is up 1.6% today.
- Mercury General Corp (MCY): MCY stock is up 1.5% today.
- Renaissancere Holdings Ltd (RNR): RNR stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Evercore Partners Inc (EVR): EVR stock is down 8.5% today on 4 times normal volume.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 3.1% today.
- Svb Financial Group (SIVB): SIVB stock is down 3.1% today.
- Cvb Financial Corp (CVBF): CVBF stock is down 2.5% today.
- Lincoln National Corp (LNC): LNC stock is down 2.4% today.
- Lazard Ltd (LAZ): LAZ stock is down 2.3% today.
- Morgan Stanley (MS): MS stock is down 2.3% today.
- Fifth Third Bancorp (FITB): FITB stock is down 2.3% today.
- First Financial Bankshares (FFIN): FFIN stock is down 2.3% today.
- Cullen/Frost Bankers (CFR): CFR stock is down 2.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.