Financial stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- The Carlyle Group L.P. (CG): CG stock is up 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Virtus Investment Partners (VRTS): VRTS stock is up 1.7% today.
- Unumprovident Corp (UNM): UNM stock is up 1.5% today.
- Health Net Inc (HNT): HNT stock is up 1.4% today.
- Primerica Inc (PRI): PRI stock is up 1.4% today.
- Partnerre Ltd (PRE): PRE stock is up 1.2% today.
- Royal Bank of Canada (RY): RY stock is up 1.2% today.
- Aegon Nv (AEG): AEG stock is up 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Toronto Dominion Bank (TD): TD stock is up 1.1% today.
- Altisource Portfolio Solutions S.A. (ASPS): ASPS stock is up 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is down 2.4% today.
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is down 1.9% today.
- Amtrust Financial Services (AFSI): AFSI stock is down 1.8% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is down 1.5% today.
- Stifel Financial Corp (SF): SF stock is down 1.5% today.
- Fleetcor Technologies (FLT): FLT stock is down 1.5% today.
- Investors Bancorp (ISBC): ISBC stock is down 1.3% today.
- Umpqua Holdings Corp (UMPQ): UMPQ stock is down 1.4% today.
- NBT Bancorp Inc (NBTB): NBTB stock is down 1.3% today.
- First Financial Bankshares (FFIN): FFIN stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.