Financial stocks rose 1.0% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.2%, the Nasdaq was up 0.7% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Harbinger Group Inc (HRG): HRG stock is up 3.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA): BBVA stock is up 2.3% today.
- Alliance Data Systems Corp (ADS): ADS stock is up 2.3% today.
- Deutsche Bank Ag (DB): DB stock is up 2.1% today.
- Raymond James Financial (RJF): RJF stock is up 2.1% today.
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is up 2.1% today.
- Molina Healthcare Inc (MOH): MOH stock is up 2.1% today.
- Cigna Corp (CI): CI stock is up 2.1% today.
- Aetna Inc (AET): AET stock is up 2.0% today.
- Community Bank System (CBU): CBU stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Woori Finance Holdings Co Ltd (WF): WF stock is down 1.4% today.
- Hilltop Holdings Inc (HTH): HTH stock is down 1.1% today.
- Royal Bank of Canada (RY): RY stock is down 0.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is down 0.9% today.
- American Capital (ACAS): ACAS stock is down 0.8% today.
- Kayne Anderson Energy Total Return Fund (KYE): KYE stock is down 0.8% today.
- Fidelity National Financial (FNF): FNF stock is down 0.7% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is down 0.7% today.
- National Penn Bancshares (NPBC): NPBC stock is down 0.5% today.
- Interactive Brokers Group (IBKR): IBKR stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.