Healthcare stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.2% higher, the Nasdaq was up 0.7% and the S&P 500 rose 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is up 3.6% today.
- Prestige Brand Holdings (PBH): PBH stock is up 3.2% today.
- Opko Health Inc (OPK): OPK stock is up 2.8% today.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals Holdings Inc (ENDP): ENDP stock is up 2.6% today.
- Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX): NBIX stock is up 2.5% today.
- Thoratec Corp (THOR): THOR stock is up 2.3% today on 5 times normal volume.
- Msa Safety Inc. (MSA): MSA stock is up 2.2% today.
- Haemonetics Corp (HAE): HAE stock is up 2.0% today.
- Varian Medical Systems (VAR): VAR stock is up 2.0% today.
- Heartware International (HTWR): HTWR stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Conmed Corp (CNMD): CNMD stock is down 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- China Biologic Products (CBPO): CBPO stock is down 1.2% today.
- Greatbatch (GB): GB stock is down 1.1%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Lifepoint Hospitals (LPNT): LPNT stock is down 0.6% today.
- Brookdale Senior Living Inc (BKD): BKD stock is down 0.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Chemed Inc (CHE): CHE stock is down 0.5% today.
- Impax Laboratories (IPXL): IPXL stock is down 0.5% today.
- Wuxi Pharmatech [Cayman] Inc (WX): WX stock is down 0.5% today.
- Keryx Biopharmaceuticals (KERX): KERX stock is down 0.4% today.
- Abiomed (ABMD): ABMD stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.