Healthcare stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq climbed 0.1% and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is up 4.4% today.
- Community Health Systems (CYH): CYH stock is up 4.9% today.
- Smith & Nephew Snats (SNN): SNN stock is up 3.6% today.
- Seattle Genetics (SGEN): SGEN stock is up 3.3% today.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals Holdings Inc (ENDP): ENDP stock is up 3.4% today.
- Acadia Healthcare Company Inc (ACHC): ACHC stock is up 2.7% today.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA): ARNA stock is up 2.6% today.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN): REGN stock is up 2.4% today.
- Salix Pharmaceuticals (SLXP): SLXP stock is up 2.2% today.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Resmed Inc (RMD): RMD stock is down 7.3% today.
- Novo Nordisk A/S (NVO): NVO stock is down 2.0% today.
- Fresenius Medical Care Corp (FMS): FMS stock is down 1.9% today.
- Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK): GSK stock is down 1.8% today.
- United Therapeutics Corp (UTHR): UTHR stock is down 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Mednax Inc (MD): MD stock is down 1.1% today.
- Greatbatch (GB): GB stock is down 0.8% today.
- Teleflex Inc (TFX): TFX stock is down 0.8% today.
- Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO): HALO stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.