Healthcare stocks finished flat today on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.3%, the Nasdaq fell 0.4% and the S&P 500 was down 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Taro Pharm Inds (TARO): TARO stock is up 2.5% today.
- Theravance (THRX): THRX stock is up 2.0% today.
- Edwards Lifesciences Corp (EW): EW stock is up 1.9% today.
- Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc (ACAD): ACAD stock is up 1.7% today.
- Davita Healthcare Partners Inc (DVA): DVA stock is up 1.4% today.
- Actavis Inc (ACT): ACT stock is up 1.3% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Impax Laboratories (IPXL): IPXL stock is up 1.0% today.
- Henry Schein (HSIC): HSIC stock is up 1.0% today.
- Kindred Healthcare (KND): KND stock is up 0.8% today.
- Clovis Oncology Inc (CLVS): CLVS stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Pdl Biopharma (PDLI): PDLI stock is down 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Heartware International (HTWR): HTWR stock is down 2.2% today.
- Owens & Minor (OMI): OMI stock is down 1.6% today.
- Neogen Corp (NEOG): NEOG stock is down 1.6% today.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY): BMY stock is down 1.6% today.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is down 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is down 1.5% today.
- Amgen Inc (AMGN): AMGN stock is down 1.5% today.
- Hospira Inc (HSP): HSP stock is down 1.5% today.
- Align Technology (ALGN): ALGN stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.