Services stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq was down 0.1% and the S&P 500 stayed the same.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Express Inc (EXPR): EXPR stock is up 12.7% today.
- Oi S.A. Ads (OIBR): OIBR stock is up 8.8% today.
- Aruba Networks (ARUN): ARUN stock is up 6.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Tim Participacoes S.A. (TSU): TSU stock is up 5.7% today.
- Rent-A-Center Inc (RCII): RCII stock is up 5.5% today.
- Portugal Telecom Sgps S.A . (PT): PT stock is up 4.5% today.
- Telecom Italia S.P.A. (TI): TI stock is up 4.2% today.
- Tiffany & Co. (TIF): TIF stock is up 3.2% today.
- Level 3 Communications (LVLT): LVLT stock is up 2.9% today.
- Telecomunicacoes De Sao Paulo S/A Ads (VIV): VIV stock is up 2.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Brown Shoe Company (BWS): BWS stock is down 4.6% today.
- Chico’s Fas (CHS): CHS stock is down 5.4% today.
- Discovery Communications Inc (DISCB): DISCB stock is down 5.0% today and down 43.4% in the last month.
- Bob Evans Farms (BOBE): BOBE stock is down 2.4% today.
- Cabela’s Inc (CAB): CAB stock is down 2.0% today.
- Aircastle Limited (AYR): AYR stock is down 2.1% today.
- Sinclair Broadcast Group (SBGI): SBGI stock is down 1.6% today.
- Caesars Entertainment Corporati (CZR): CZR stock is down 1.8% today.
- Vipshop Holdings Limited (VIPS): VIPS stock is down 1.6% today.
- Centurylink (CTL): CTL stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.