Services stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.3%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.2% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.3% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Newcastle Investment Corp (NCT): NCT stock is up 203.4% today and up 197.3% in the last month.
- Tjx Companies (TJX): TJX stock is up 7.4% today.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods Inc (DKS): DKS stock is up 5.2% today.
- Home Depot (HD): HD stock is up 4.2% today.
- Restoration Hardware Holdings (RH): RH stock is up 3.5% today.
- Urban Outfitters (URBN): URBN stock is up 4.3% today.
- Ross Stores (ROST): ROST stock is up 2.9% today.
- American Eagle Outfitters (AEO): AEO stock is up 2.7% today.
- Lumber Liquidators Holdings Inc (LL): LL stock is up 2.5% today.
- J.C. Penney Company Inc (JCP): JCP stock is up 2.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Alexander’s Inc (ALX): ALX stock is down 4.6% today.
- St. Joe Company (JOE): JOE stock is down 3.9% today.
- Sprint Corporation Series 1 (S): S stock is down 2.8% today and down 26.7% in the last month.
- Guess Inc (GES): GES stock is down 2.8% today.
- Tal Education Group (XRS): XRS stock is down 1.8% today.
- Oi S.A. Ads (OIBR): OIBR stock is down 1.9% today.
- Thomson Reuters Corp (TRI): TRI stock is down 1.7% today.
- Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG): IHG stock is down 1.5% today.
- HFF Inc (HF): HF stock is down 1.3% today.
- Veolia Environnement (VE): VE stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.