Transportation stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.2% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- American Railcar Industries (ARII): ARII stock is up 0.7% today.
- Star Bulk Carriers (SBLK): SBLK stock is up 0.7% today and up 33.2% in the last month.
- Alexander and Baldwin Inc (ALEX): ALEX stock is up 0.6% today.
- Swift Transportation Company (SWFT): SWFT stock is up 0.6% today.
- Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII): HII stock is up 0.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Pacifico (PAC): PAC stock is up 0.5% today.
- Teekay Shipping Corp (TK): TK stock is up 0.5% today.
- Heartland Express (HTLD): HTLD stock is up 0.4% today.
- Navios Maritime Partners LP (NMM): NMM stock is up 0.3% today.
- Landstar System (LSTR): LSTR stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Old Dominion Freight Line (ODFL): ODFL stock is down 0.9% today.
- Latam Airlines Group Sa (LFL): LFL stock is down 0.8% today.
- CSX Corp (CSX): CSX stock is down 0.8% today.
- Copa Holdings S.A. (CPA): CPA stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Expeditors International of Washington (EXPD): EXPD stock is down 0.5% today.
- Teekay Lng Partners L.P. (TGP): TGP stock is down 0.4% today.
- United Parcel Service (UPS): UPS stock is down 0.4% today.
- China Eastern Airlines Corp Ltd (CEA): CEA stock is down 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Canadian National Railway Company (CNI): CNI stock is down 0.3% today.
- Greenbrier Companies (GBX): GBX stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.