Utilities stocks remained flat on Wednesday morning on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.4% higher, the Nasdaq increased 0.5% and the S&P 500 rose 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Abengoa Yield Plc (ABY): ABY stock is up 3.2% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is up 1.6% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is up 1.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is up 1.3% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is up 1.5% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is up 1.1% today.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is up 1.0% today.
- National Fuel Gas Company (NFG): NFG stock is up 1.0% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 0.9% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is down 1.2% today.
- Kinder Morgan Energy Partners L.P. (KMP): KMP stock is down 1.2% today.
- Otter Tail Corp (OTTR): OTTR stock is down 1.0% today.
- Duke Energy Corp (DUK): DUK stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is down 1.0% today.
- El Paso Pipeline Partners LP (EPB): EPB stock is down 1.1% today.
- Allete Inc (ALE): ALE stock is down 0.8% today.
- Southern Company (SO): SO stock is down 0.7% today.
- Southwest Gas Corp (SWX): SWX stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.