Utilities stocks rose 0.8% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.2% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.2% and the S&P 500 was up 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Abengoa Yield Plc (ABY): ABY stock is up 1.5% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is up 1.9% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is up 1.7% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is up 1.6%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 1.3% today.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is up 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Atlas Energy Llc (ATLS): ATLS stock is up 1.1% today.
- PPL Corp (PPL): PPL stock is up 1.1% today.
- American Electric Power Company (AEP): AEP stock is up 1.0%, marking the eighth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is up 1.2%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is down 3.7% today.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is down 0.7% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 0.6% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is down 0.5% today.
- National Grid Transco Plc (NGG): NGG stock is down 0.6% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is down 0.3% today.
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is down 0.5% today.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is down 0.5% today.
- Atmos Energy Corp (ATO): ATO stock is down 0.5% today.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.