Utilities stocks rose 1.0% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.3%, the Nasdaq rose 0.4% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is up 3.3% today.
- Wisconsin Energy Corp (WEC): WEC stock is up 2.7% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is up 1.8% today.
- Integrys Energy Group (TEG): TEG stock is up 2.0% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is up 2.3% today.
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is up 1.8% today.
- Duke Energy Corp (DUK): DUK stock is up 1.7% today.
- Dte Energy Company (DTE): DTE stock is up 1.6% today.
- Abengoa Yield Plc (ABY): ABY stock is up 1.5% today.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is down 1.8% today and down 20.8% in the last month.
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is down 1.1% today.
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cleco Power Llc (CNL): CNL stock is down 0.6% today.
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is down 0.3% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is down 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is down 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Southwest Gas Corp (SWX): SWX stock is down 0.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.