Utilities stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Friday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq remained flat and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 4.3% today.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is up 2.8% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is up 3.5% today.
- Edison International (EIX): EIX stock is up 2.5% today.
- Allete Inc (ALE): ALE stock is up 1.5% today.
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is up 1.4% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 1.9% today.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is up 1.3% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 1.5% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (EPD): EPD stock is down 2.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is down 2.5% today.
- Trident Performance Group (TCP): TCP stock is down 2.7% today.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- El Paso Pipeline Partners LP (EPB): EPB stock is down 1.4%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is down 1.2%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Kinder Morgan Energy Partners L.P. (KMP): KMP stock is down 1.3% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is down 1.6% today.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is down 1.0% today.
- National Grid Transco Plc (NGG): NGG stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.