Among the new shows picked up by Amazon are two children’s series, two comedies and two hour-long dramas. The new shows were chosen from 10 pilots aired by Amazon Prime in February. Four of those didn’t garner enough interest to earn full season pickup orders from Amazon, Variety notes.
Here are the six new shows getting full season orders from Amazon:
- The After — Eight strangers find themselves struggling to survive in a bizarre, supernatural-infused world.
- Bosch — A LAPD detective investigates crimes, based on Michael Connelly’s popular series of novels.
- Mozart in the Jungle — Sex, drugs and classical music form the basis of this comedic drama.
- Transparent — A Los Angeles family deals with various issues.
- Gortimer Gibbon’s Life on Normal Street — A children’s series that focuses on friends living in a suburban neighborhood.
- Wishenpoof — Children’s series centered around Bianca, a girl who can make her wishes turn into reality.
Additionally, Amazon has ordered a second season of its political comedy, Alpha House, which stars John Goodman.
AMZN shares rose modestly in Monday mid-day trading. AMZN stock has gained more than 25% over the past year.
More Amazon News: