Capital goods stocks rose 0.1% on Wall Street so far on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq declined 0.1% and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Nordson Corp (NDSN): NDSN stock is up 7.9% to a new 52-week high of $80.80.
- Louisiana-Pacific Corp (LPX): LPX stock is up 1.8% today.
- Orbital Sciences Corp (ORB): ORB stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is up 1.5% today.
- Lindsay Corp (LNN): LNN stock is up 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- KB Home (KBH): KBH stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Lennox International (LII): LII stock is up 0.6% today.
- Chart Industries (GTLS): GTLS stock is up 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- D.R. Horton (DHI): DHI stock is up 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Exelis Inc. Common Stock New Wh (XLS): XLS stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- James Hardie Industries Se (JHX): JHX stock is down 2.5% today.
- Caesarstone Sdot-Yam Ltd (CSTE): CSTE stock is down 1.2% today.
- Elbit Systems Ltd (ESLT): ESLT stock is down 0.8% today.
- Flir Systems (FLIR): FLIR stock is down 0.6% today.
- USG Corp (USG): USG stock is down 1.0% today.
- Spirit Aerosystems Holdings (SPR): SPR stock is down 0.3% today.
- Lincoln Electric Holdings (LECO): LECO stock is down 0.2% today.
- Tennant Company (TNC): TNC stock is down 0.4% today.
- Mastec Inc (MTZ): MTZ stock is down 0.3% today.
- Gencorp Inc (GY): GY stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.