Energy stocks finished up 1.1% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.8%, the Nasdaq climbed 1.0% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.8% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Energy Xxi [Bermuda] Limited (EXXI): EXXI stock is up 4.4% today.
- Sandridge Energy Inc (SD): SD stock is up 3.2% today.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is up 2.7% today.
- Penn West Petroleum Ltd (PWE): PWE stock is up 2.7% today.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is up 2.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is up 2.6% today.
- Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO): CRZO stock is up 2.5% today.
- Atwood Oceanics (ATW): ATW stock is up 2.4% today.
- Encana Corp (ECA): ECA stock is up 2.4% today.
- Range Resources Corp (RRC): RRC stock is up 2.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Holly Energy Partners L.P. (HEP): HEP stock is down 1.5% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is down 1.5% today.
- Atlas Pipeline Partners L.P. (APL): APL stock is down 1.3% today.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Calumet Specialty Products (CLMT): CLMT stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Nustar Energy L.P. (NS): NS stock is down 0.7% today.
- Suburban Propane Partners L.P. (SPH): SPH stock is down 0.5% today.
- Questar Corp (STR): STR stock is down 0.4% today.
- Ngl Energy Partners LP (NGL): NGL stock is down 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.