Basic materials stocks fell broadly on Wall Street so far on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq stayed consistent and the S&P 500 stayed the same.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 1.5% today.
- Circor International (CIR): CIR stock is up 1.3% today.
- International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF): IFF stock is up 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Encore Wire Corp (WIRE): WIRE stock is up 1.2% today.
- Innophos Holdings (IPHS): IPHS stock is up 0.9% today.
- A. Schulman (SHLM): SHLM stock is up 0.8%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is up 0.7% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 0.8% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 1.0% today.
- Olin Corp (OLN): OLN stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 3.5% today.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is down 3.5% today.
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is down 3.4% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is down 2.9% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 2.9% today.
- Bhp Billiton Limited (BHP): BHP stock is down 2.8% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 2.8% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 2.1% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is down 2.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Commercial Metals Company (CMC): CMC stock is down 1.6% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.