Healthcare stocks rose 0.8% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.8%, the Nasdaq was up 1.0% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is up 3.0% today.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is up 2.5% today.
- Biogen Idec Inc (BIIB): BIIB stock is up 1.9% today.
- Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR): ACOR stock is up 1.9% today.
- Cardinal Health (CAH): CAH stock is up 1.8% today.
- Cantel Medical (CMN): CMN stock is up 1.8% today.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (TEVA): TEVA stock is up 1.6% today.
- Magellan Health Services (MGLN): MGLN stock is up 1.5% today.
- Theravance (THRX): THRX stock is up 1.5% today.
- Wellcare Group (WCG): WCG stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Heartware International (HTWR): HTWR stock is down 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is down 1.6% today.
- St. Jude Medical (STJ): STJ stock is down 0.8% today.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX): VRX stock is down 0.8% today.
- Cooper Companies (COO): COO stock is down 0.8% today.
- Taro Pharm Inds (TARO): TARO stock is down 0.7% today.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN): REGN stock is down 0.6% today.
- Abbvie Inc. Common Stock (ABBV): ABBV stock is down 0.5% today.
- Cubist Pharmaceuticals (CBST): CBST stock is down 0.5% today.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.