Technology stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.2%, the Nasdaq increased 0.2% and the S&P 500 was up 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Quality Systems (QSII): QSII stock is up 7.4% today and up 24.7% in the last month.
- Blackberry Limited (BBRY): BBRY stock is up 5.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ubiquiti Networks Inc (UBNT): UBNT stock is up 6.0% today.
- Sunedison Inc (SUNE): SUNE stock is up 5.1% today.
- Integrated Device Technology (IDTI): IDTI stock is up 3.5% to a new 52-week high of $13.61.
- Vmware Inc (VMW): VMW stock is up 3.0% today.
- Hollysys Automation Technologies (HOLI): HOLI stock is up 2.4% today.
- Nidec Corp (NJ): NJ stock is up 2.5% today.
- Atmel Corp (ATML): ATML stock is up 2.2% today.
- Gt Advanced Technologies Inc (GTAT): GTAT stock is up 2.2%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Tech Data Corp (TECD): TECD stock is down 5.9% today.
- Homeaway Inc (AWAY): AWAY stock is down 4.6% today.
- Soufun Holdings (SFUN): SFUN stock is down 3.5% today.
- Synaptics Inc (SYNA): SYNA stock is down 2.1% today.
- Workday Inc (WDAY): WDAY stock is down 1.9% today.
- Web.Com Group Inc (WWWW): WWWW stock is down 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- United Microelectronics Corp (UMC): UMC stock is down 1.7% today.
- Infosys Limited (INFY): INFY stock is down 1.4% today.
- Universal Display Corp (OLED): OLED stock is down 1.8% today.
- Wipro Limited (WIT): WIT stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.