Basic materials stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.6%, the Nasdaq fell 0.5% and the S&P 500 declined 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is up 3.0% to a new 52-week high of $44.23.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 2.2% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is up 2.0% today.
- Alcoa Inc (AA): AA stock is up 2.3% to a new 52-week high of $14.89.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is up 2.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is up 1.9% today.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is up 1.0% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 0.5% today.
- Weyerhaeuser Company (WY): WY stock is up 0.5%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- H. B. Fuller Company (FUL): FUL stock is down 4.7% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 4.1% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 1.9% today.
- AK Steel Holding Corp (AKS): AKS stock is down 2.3% today.
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is down 1.8% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is down 1.9% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is down 1.4% today.
- Polyone Corp (POL): POL stock is down 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is down 1.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 1.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.