Basic materials stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was unchanged, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is up 1.4% today.
- Watts Water Technologies (WTS): WTS stock is up 1.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is up 1.1% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 1.1% today.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is up 1.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is up 0.9% today.
- Precision Castparts Corp (PCP): PCP stock is up 0.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Polyone Corp (POL): POL stock is up 0.8% to a new 52-week high of $40.37.
- Olin Corp (OLN): OLN stock is up 0.7% today.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is up 0.7% today on 3 times normal volume.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Leucadia National Corp (LUK): LUK stock is down 2.0% today.
- W.R. Grace & Company (GRA): GRA stock is down 1.7% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is down 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Berry Plastics Group Inc (BERY): BERY stock is down 1.5% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Matthews International Corp (MATW): MATW stock is down 1.4% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 1.2% today.
- Bemis Company (BMS): BMS stock is down 1.2% today.
- Weyerhaeuser Company (WY): WY stock is down 1.2% today.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Rockwood Holdings (ROC): ROC stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.