Energy stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.3%, the Nasdaq fell 0.2% and the S&P 500 was down 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Alon USA Energy (ALJ): ALJ stock is up 5.6% today.
- Synergy Resources Cp (SYRG): SYRG stock is up 3.4% today and up 21.2% in the last month.
- Ocean Rig Udw Inc (ORIG): ORIG stock is up 3.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is up 3.2% today on 15 times normal volume.
- Magnum Hunter Resources Corp (MHR): MHR stock is up 2.7% today.
- Exco Resources NL (XCO): XCO stock is up 2.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- FMC Technologies (FTI): FTI stock is up 2.6% to a new 52-week high of $61.50.
- Canadian Natural Resources (CNQ): CNQ stock is up 2.3% to a new 52-week high of $45.19.
- Cameron International Corp (CAM): CAM stock is up 2.4% to a new 52-week high of $67.60.
- Bill Barrett Corp (BBG): BBG stock is up 2.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Rose Rock Midstream L.P. (RRMS): RRMS stock is down 1.2% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is down 1.3% today.
- Gulfport Energy Corp (GPOR): GPOR stock is down 1.0% today.
- Access Midstream Partners L.P. (ACMP): ACMP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Amerigas Partners L.P. (APU): APU stock is down 0.9% today.
- Flotek Industries (FTK): FTK stock is down 1.1% today.
- Ev Energy Partners L.P. (EVEP): EVEP stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is down 0.7% today.
- Genesis Energy L.P. (GEL): GEL stock is down 0.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Enbridge Energy Management Llc (EEQ): EEQ stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.