Energy stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.3%, the Nasdaq stayed level and the S&P 500 fell 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is up 2.8% today.
- Kodiak Oil (KOG): KOG stock is up 2.5% today.
- Cloud Peak Energy Inc (CLD): CLD stock is up 2.5% today.
- Pioneer Natural Resources Company (PXD): PXD stock is up 2.1% today.
- Talisman Energy Inc (TLM): TLM stock is up 1.9% today.
- Eog Resources (EOG): EOG stock is up 1.8% today.
- Diamondback Energy Inc (FANG): FANG stock is up 1.8% to a new 52-week high of $83.84.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is up 1.7% today.
- Newfield Exploration Company (NFX): NFX stock is up 1.7% to $38.93, near the 52-week high of $38.92.
- Enerplus Corp (ERF): ERF stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Calumet Specialty Products (CLMT): CLMT stock is down 1.4% today.
- Amerigas Partners L.P. (APU): APU stock is down 1.4% today.
- Pacific Drilling S.A. (PACD): PACD stock is down 1.4% today.
- Key Energy Services (KEG): KEG stock is down 1.3% today.
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is down 1.2% today.
- Atwood Oceanics (ATW): ATW stock is down 1.1% today.
- Petrochina Company Limited (PTR): PTR stock is down 1.0% today.
- Targa Resources Partners LP (NGLS): NGLS stock is down 1.0% today.
- Newpark Resources (NR): NR stock is down 0.8% today.
- Questar Corp (STR): STR stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.