Services stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq climbed 0.2% and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Makemytrip Limited (MMYT): MMYT stock is up 2.6% today and up 35.2% in the last month.
- Clean Harbors (CLH): CLH stock is up 2.5% today.
- Vipshop Holdings Limited (VIPS): VIPS stock is up 2.4% to a new 52-week high of $186.39.
- Vitamin Shoppe Inc (VSI): VSI stock is up 2.2% today.
- Sinclair Broadcast Group (SBGI): SBGI stock is up 2.1% today.
- Barnes & Noble (BKS): BKS stock is up 2.1% today and up 23.6% in the last month.
- Best Buy Co. (BBY): BBY stock is up 1.8% today.
- Tal Education Group (XRS): XRS stock is up 1.8% to a new 52-week high of $26.45.
- Grand Canyon Education (LOPE): LOPE stock is up 1.5% today.
- Post Properties (PPS): PPS stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Digitalglobe Inc (DGI): DGI stock is down 4.0% today.
- Coach Inc (COH): COH stock is down 3.1% today.
- Grupo Televisa S.A. (TV): TV stock is down 2.5% today.
- Sears Holdings Corp (SHLD): SHLD stock is down 2.3% today.
- Piedmont Office Realty Trust (PDM): PDM stock is down 2.0% today.
- Pearson Plc (PSO): PSO stock is down 1.9% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Omega Healthcare Investors (OHI): OHI stock is down 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Commonwealth REIT (CWH): CWH stock is down 1.8% today.
- Vistaprint N.V. (VPRT): VPRT stock is down 1.8% today.
- Dollar General Corp (DG): DG stock is down 1.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.