Basic materials stocks remained flat on Monday morning on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.1%, the Nasdaq declined 0.1% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is up 4.4% today.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is up 2.3% today.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is up 2.3%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 1.8% today.
- Iamgold Corp (IAG): IAG stock is up 2.0% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is up 2.7% to a new 52-week high of $15.33.
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is up 2.1% today and up 22.1% in the last month.
- Watts Water Technologies (WTS): WTS stock is up 2.0%, marking the eighth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is up 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is down 1.1% today.
- Raven Industries (RAVN): RAVN stock is down 0.8% today.
- Ashland Inc (ASH): ASH stock is down 0.9% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is down 0.8% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Copper & Gold (FCX): FCX stock is down 0.7% today.
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is down 0.7% today.
- Owens-Illinois (OI): OI stock is down 0.6% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is down 0.8% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF.B): GEF.B stock is down 0.6%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Circor International (CIR): CIR stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.