Financial stocks declined 0.7% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.3%, the Nasdaq stayed level and the S&P 500 declined 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- CBOE Holdings (CBOE): CBOE stock is up 1.0% today.
- The Blackstone Group L.P. (BX): BX stock is up 0.9% today.
- Aetna Inc (AET): AET stock is up 0.9% to a new 52-week high of $80.98.
- Greenlight Capital Re (GLRE): GLRE stock is up 0.8%, marking the eighth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is up 0.7%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cme Group Inc (CME): CME stock is up 0.6% today.
- Nomura Holdings Inc ADR (NMR): NMR stock is up 0.6% today.
- Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (AJG): AJG stock is up 0.6% today.
- Tortoise MLP Fund (NTG): NTG stock is up 0.5% today.
- Fleetcor Technologies (FLT): FLT stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is down 3.0% today.
- The Carlyle Group L.P. (CG): CG stock is down 2.3% today.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is down 2.2% today.
- Cohn & Steers Inc (CNS): CNS stock is down 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Provident Financial Services (PFS): PFS stock is down 2.2% today.
- Bank of America Corp (BAC): BAC stock is down 2.1% today.
- Park National Corp (PRK): PRK stock is down 2.1% today.
- Raymond James Financial (RJF): RJF stock is down 1.9% today.
- Huntington Bancshares Inc (HBAN): HBAN stock is down 1.9% today.
- Wintrust Financial Corp (WTFC): WTFC stock is down 1.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.