Services stocks rose 0.8% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.5% higher, the Nasdaq was up 0.6% and the S&P 500 increased 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Zillow Inc. Cl A (Z): Z stock is up 6.1% today.
- International Speedway Corp (ISCA): ISCA stock is up 3.0% today.
- Yelp Inc (YELP): YELP stock is up 2.9% today and up 22.7% in the last month.
- Lumber Liquidators Holdings Inc (LL): LL stock is up 2.8% today.
- Newcastle Investment Corp (NCT): NCT stock is up 2.8% today.
- Lithia Motors (LAD): LAD stock is up 2.7% today.
- Rite Aid Corp (RAD): RAD stock is up 2.6% today.
- Devry Inc (DV): DV stock is up 2.4% today.
- Tal Education Group (XRS): XRS stock is up 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Walgreen Company (WAG): WAG stock is up 2.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Bj’s Restaurants (BJRI): BJRI stock is down 2.0% today.
- Heartland Payment Systems (HPY): HPY stock is down 1.8% today.
- Nortel Inversora Sa ADR (NTL): NTL stock is down 1.5% today on 9 times normal volume.
- Ascena Retail Group (ASNA): ASNA stock is down 1.4% today.
- Ulta Salon Cosmetics & Fragrance (ULTA): ULTA stock is down 1.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Aviv REIT Inc. Common Stock (AVIV): AVIV stock is down 1.3% today.
- Tjx Companies (TJX): TJX stock is down 1.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Retail Properties of America (RPAI): RPAI stock is down 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Commonwealth REIT (CWH): CWH stock is down 1.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- China Lodging Group Limited (HTHT): HTHT stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.