Basic materials stocks declined 0.7% on Wall Street so far on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.3%, the Nasdaq declined 0.1% and the S&P 500 was down 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is up 1.5% to a new 52-week high of $33.20.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 1.8% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is up 1.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is up 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 0.3% today.
- International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF): IFF stock is up 0.2% to a new 52-week high of $105.65.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is up 0.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is down 3.4% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 3.2% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 2.5% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is down 2.6% today.
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is down 2.4% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 2.1% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is down 2.2% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is down 1.9% today.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is down 1.9% today.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is down 1.7% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.