Consumer cyclical stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.0%, the Nasdaq was up 1.6% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Tesla Motors (TSLA): TSLA stock is up 2.1% today.
- Rush Enterprises (RUSHA): RUSHA stock is up 2.0% today.
- Hillenbrand Inc (HI): HI stock is up 1.8% today.
- Borgwarner Inc (BWA): BWA stock is up 1.6% today.
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (GT): GT stock is up 1.6% today.
- Nortek Inc (NTK): NTK stock is up 1.4% today.
- Cooper Tire & Rubber Company (CTB): CTB stock is up 1.4% today.
- Genuine Parts Company (GPC): GPC stock is up 1.3% today.
- Allison Transmission Holdings (ALSN): ALSN stock is up 1.3% today.
- Shutterfly (SFLY): SFLY stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Westport Innovations Inc (WPRT): WPRT stock is down 0.3% today.
- Wolverine World Wide (WWW): WWW stock is down 0.2% today.
- Snap-On Inc (SNA): SNA stock is down 0.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Gentex Corp (GNTX): GNTX stock is down 0.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.