Healthcare stocks rose 0.5% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.4%, the Nasdaq was up 0.7% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.4% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP): NPSP stock is up 4.9% today.
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals (INO): INO stock is up 3.4% today.
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is up 3.5% today.
- Gilead Sciences (GILD): GILD stock is up 2.2% today.
- Examworks Group (EXAM): EXAM stock is up 2.0% today.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is up 2.1% today.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN): REGN stock is up 1.9% today.
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is up 1.9% today.
- Astrazeneca Plc (AZN): AZN stock is up 1.3% today.
- United Therapeutics Corp (UTHR): UTHR stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (LH): LH stock is down 2.8% today.
- Quest Diagnostics Inc (DGX): DGX stock is down 1.6% today.
- Acadia Healthcare Company Inc (ACHC): ACHC stock is down 0.7% today.
- Fresenius Medical Care Corp (FMS): FMS stock is down 1.1% today.
- Wellcare Group (WCG): WCG stock is down 0.8% today.
- The Medicines Company (MDCO): MDCO stock is down 0.6%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Clovis Oncology Inc (CLVS): CLVS stock is down 0.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Novo Nordisk A/S (NVO): NVO stock is down 0.9% today.
- Centene Corp (CNC): CNC stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.