Basic materials stocks advanced 0.3% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.4%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.5% and the S&P 500 was up 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 6.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Mueller Industries (MLI): MLI stock is up 6.0% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is up 5.6% today.
- Valspar Corp (VAL): VAL stock is up 3.6% today.
- AK Steel Holding Corp (AKS): AKS stock is up 2.5% today.
- Packaging Corporation of America (PKG): PKG stock is up 2.3% today.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is up 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Innophos Holdings (IPHS): IPHS stock is up 1.9% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is up 2.0% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Crown Cork & Seal Company (CCK): CCK stock is down 4.2% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is down 1.9% today.
- Aptargroup (ATR): ATR stock is down 1.8% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is down 1.5% today.
- Ball Corp (BLL): BLL stock is down 1.5% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF.B): GEF.B stock is down 0.9% today.
- Carlisle Companies Inc (CSL): CSL stock is down 0.6% today.
- Iamgold Corp (IAG): IAG stock is down 0.8% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 0.5% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.