Basic materials stocks finished down 0.3% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 0.1% and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Kaiser Aluminum Corp (KALU): KALU stock is up 1.1% today.
- Curtiss-Wright Corp (CW): CW stock is up 1.0% today.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is up 1.0% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 1.0% today and up 23.0% in the last month.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is up 0.9% today.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is up 0.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 0.6% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 0.6% today.
- Enpro Industries (NPO): NPO stock is up 0.6% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is up 0.5%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is down 1.8% today.
- Simpson Manufacturing Company (SSD): SSD stock is down 1.6% today.
- Albemarle Corp (ALB): ALB stock is down 1.5% today.
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is down 1.4% today.
- Chemtura Corp (CHMT): CHMT stock is down 1.4% today.
- Raven Industries (RAVN): RAVN stock is down 1.2% today.
- Mosaic Company (MOS): MOS stock is down 1.2% today.
- Sonoco Products Company (SON): SON stock is down 1.1% today.
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is down 1.1% today.
- Intrepid Potash Inc (IPI): IPI stock is down 1.0% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.