Basic materials stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street so far on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.4%, the Nasdaq declined 0.5% and the S&P 500 was down 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is up 3.7% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 2.7% today.
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is up 2.5% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 1.9% today.
- Sensient Technologies Corp (SXT): SXT stock is up 1.7% today.
- Iamgold Corp (IAG): IAG stock is up 1.4% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 1.2% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 1.3% today and up 24.0% in the last month.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is up 1.2% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Olin Corp (OLN): OLN stock is down 2.6% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 2.2% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is down 2.5% today.
- Polypore International Inc (PPO): PPO stock is down 1.5% today.
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is down 1.5% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is down 1.4% today.
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is down 1.4% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is down 1.3% today.
- Simpson Manufacturing Company (SSD): SSD stock is down 1.3% today.
- Sun Hydraulics Corp (SNHY): SNHY stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.