Consumer cyclical stocks finished up 1.1% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.7% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 1.1% and the S&P 500 was up 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Westport Innovations Inc (WPRT): WPRT stock is up 2.3% today and up 24.4% in the last month.
- Toyota Motor Corp Ltd Ord (TM): TM stock is up 2.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sony Corp (SNE): SNE stock is up 2.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Johnson Controls (JCI): JCI stock is up 2.1% today.
- Hyster-Yale Materials Handling (HY): HY stock is up 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Irobot Corp (IRBT): IRBT stock is up 2.1%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Gentherm Inc (THRM): THRM stock is up 2.0% to a new 52-week high of $45.35.
- Wabco Holdings Inc (WBC): WBC stock is up 2.0% today.
- Standard Motor Products (SMP): SMP stock is up 1.7% to a new 52-week high of $45.45.
- Pool Corp (POOL): POOL stock is up 1.7% today.
Only one stock in the consumer cyclical sectors showed losses:
- Tempur-Pedic International Inc (TPX): TPX stock is down 0.2% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.