Financial stocks declined 0.5% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.2%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.2% and the S&P 500 fell 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Alliance Capital Management L.P. (AB): AB stock is up 2.3% today.
- Phh Corp (PHH): PHH stock is up 1.6% today.
- Nelnet Inc (NNI): NNI stock is up 1.0% today.
- First Citizens Bancshares (FCNCA): FCNCA stock is up 0.3% today.
- Fleetcor Technologies (FLT): FLT stock is up 0.6% today.
- Westpac Banking Corp (WBK): WBK stock is up 0.8% today.
- Cohn & Steers Inc (CNS): CNS stock is up 1.1% today.
- Sterling Bancorp (STL): STL stock is up 0.7% today.
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is up 0.6% today.
- Oaktree Capital Group Llc (OAK): OAK stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Mgic Investment Corp (MTG): MTG stock is down 11.9% today.
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is down 5.2% today.
- Radian Group Inc (RDN): RDN stock is down 5.2% today.
- Fifth Street Finance Corp (FSC): FSC stock is down 3.9% today.
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is down 1.0% to a new 52-week low of $37.55.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is down 2.1% today.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is down 1.9% today.
- Legg Mason Inc (LM): LM stock is down 1.8% today.
- Aegon Nv (AEG): AEG stock is down 1.4% today.
- Cash America International (CSH): CSH stock is down 1.7%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.