Healthcare stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.1%, the Nasdaq declined 1.3% and the S&P 500 was down 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Shire Plc American Depositary Shares (SHPG): SHPG stock is up 1.7% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG): ISRG stock is up 0.5% today.
- Allergan Inc (AGN): AGN stock is up 0.2% today.
- Idenix Pharmaceuticals (IDIX): IDIX stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is down 5.3% today and down 25.1% in the last month.
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is down 4.8% today.
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc (LGND): LGND stock is down 4.5% today and down 22.9% in the last month.
- Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS): EXAS stock is down 3.6% today.
- Celgene Corp (CELG): CELG stock is down 3.4% today and down 48.0% in the last month.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is down 3.3% today and down 25.5% in the last month.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN): REGN stock is down 3.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals (INO): INO stock is down 3.1% today.
- Align Technology (ALGN): ALGN stock is down 3.1% today.
- Myriad Genetics (MYGN): MYGN stock is down 3.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.