Technology stocks rose 0.1% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.3%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.2% and the S&P 500 rose 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Au Optronics Corp (AUO): AUO stock is up 3.8% to a new 52-week high of $4.36.
- Nidec Corp (NJ): NJ stock is up 3.1%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Omnivision Technologies (OVTI): OVTI stock is up 3.0% today.
- Epam Systems Inc (EPAM): EPAM stock is up 1.9% today.
- Amkor Technology (AMKR): AMKR stock is up 1.6% today.
- Semiconductor Manufacturing International (SMI): SMI stock is up 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Changyou.Com Limited (CYOU): CYOU stock is up 0.9% today.
- Siliconware Precision Industries Company Ltd (SPIL): SPIL stock is up 1.6% to a new 52-week high of $8.53.
- Veeco Instruments Inc (VECO): VECO stock is up 1.6% today.
- Teradyne Inc (TER): TER stock is up 1.6%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Synnex Corp (SNX): SNX stock is down 6.6% today.
- Medidata Solutions (MDSO): MDSO stock is down 1.6% today.
- Canadian Solar Inc (CSIQ): CSIQ stock is down 1.5% today.
- Rackspace Hosting Inc (RAX): RAX stock is down 1.2% today.
- Cray Inc (CRAY): CRAY stock is down 2.3% today.
- Sunpower Corp (SPWR): SPWR stock is down 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Sina Corp (SINA): SINA stock is down 1.2% today.
- Seagate Technology. (STX): STX stock is down 1.4% today.
- Qihoo 360 Technology Co. Ltd (QIHU): QIHU stock is down 0.9% today.
- Cornerstone Ondemand Inc (CSOD): CSOD stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.